[systemd-devel] [udev] Scanner rule not applied during boot

Marcin Kocur marcin2006 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 21:16:03 UTC 2020

W dniu 20.10.2020 o 20:05, Lennart Poettering pisze:
> On Di, 20.10.20 18:47, Marcin Kocur (marcin2006 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> I don't how how this uaccess tag works, but I can assume that my scanner
>> which is libsane_matched (as set by
>> /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/49-sane.rules) gets ACL permission added somewhere
>> later thanks to this uaccess tag.
>>
>> The question is if it works on manual trigger, why doesn't on boot time?
> Devices that are marked with "uaccess" get an ACL installed that
> always points to the user who owns the foreground session. This should
> be applied whenever you log in or switch foreground session.
>
> If this doesn't work at login time there must be something borked with
> your display manager, or possibly systemd-logind.
>
> Which systemd version is this? Which distro? Which display manager?
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Berlin

Lennart,

I'm using outdated lxdm with Xfce.

I just disabled lxmd, copied fresh /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to ~/.xinitrc
(adding my environment exec command there) and started my environment
from startx: ACLs didn't change.

~/.xinitrc runs:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-systemd-user.sh
#!/bin/sh

systemctl --user import-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY

if command -v dbus-update-activation-environment >/dev/null 2>&1; then
     dbus-update-activation-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY

fi

Those variables are:
[mk at linux ~]$ echo $DISPLAY
:0.0
[mk at linux ~]$ echo $XAUTHORITY

/home/mk/.Xauthority

I also tried out SDDM login manager: ACLs weren't applied.

My software is:
systemd: 246.6-1
linux: 5.8.14.arch1-1
sane: 1.0.31-1