[systemd-devel] Which udev action is run on boot for my device?

Marcin Kocur marcin2006 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:55:46 UTC 2020

W dniu 26.10.2020 o 11:19, Lennart Poettering pisze:
>> Is this intended? Should I report bug to systemd or sane? The scanner is
>> connected to my PC all the time.
> sane.
>
> Ask them to run their rules on ACTION!="remove", i.e. on all actions
> but "remove". And that includes add, bind, change, unbding and
> everything else that might be added one day.
>
> Lennart

Hi Lennart,

so I made a pull request to SANE as you suggested:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests/541/diffs?commit_id=a9c181a211870ca8c129370156be813be84cf556

(which works on my system of course)

And now SANE leader is asking me if this is backwards compatible with
older kernels and systemd versions. I assumed this change would work on
anything but maybe you could confirm?

--
Pozdrawiam / Greetings
Marcin Kocur █