[systemd-devel] Running containers under freezer

Bhasker C V bhasker at unixindia.com
Fri Apr 2 19:22:01 UTC 2021

Hi,
 Please could someone help ?

 I want my containers to run inside a freezer cgroup so that I can freeze
and thaw the container as and when needed.

 I use the command

 systemd-nspawn [...] --slice=bhasker.slice
and systemd creates
bhasker.slice and puts everything under it. The slice however is for memory
only.
I dont seem to be able to specify successfully how to use freezer in the
slice

If I do specify --slice=memory,freezer:bhasker  I end up getting something
like this

Control group /:
-.slice
├─memory\x2cfreezer:bhasker.slice

(the coma is taken literally as \x2c)
How do I get systemd-nspawn to also run the slice under freezer controller
of my choice ?
Thanks in advance