[systemd-devel] Why systemd-journald is creating '/var/log/journal/machine_id" directory when Storage=auto

Nishant Nayan nayan.nishant2000 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 13:19:32 UTC 2021

Awesome, thanks!

Also, where can I find the code section where services And kernel logs to
journald?
After tracing from 'main' at journald.c I came across the part where
various sockets are opened and validated (/run/systemd/journal/stdout,
/dev/kmsg, /dev/log ) for journald to listen to logs of systemd services
and kernel. That is the server side part.

Where can I find the client side journald code where services and kernel
sends their logs to journal.

Nishant