[systemd-devel] Additional Information for Ethernet

Spencer Ku (古世瑜) Spencer.Ku at quantatw.com
Thu Dec 9 03:13:42 UTC 2021

Hi All,
We are developing the redfish of openbmc, and want to expose some Ethernet information through the redfish interface, like packet count, drop count. My goal is to calculate the bandwidth / drop package rate of the Ethernet. We can get those counts from Ethernet driver (/sys/class/net/{Ethernet_Name}/statistics), but as far as I know, there is no suitable d-bus to read those metrics.

My question is that: is it possible to create the new D-bus properties ( like under the /org/freedesktop/{network}/network/{Ethernet_Name}), then sync the counts to that D-Bus?

It can really help us to get the metrics easily via redfish.

The detail discussions in openbmc upstream please refer to the link: https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2021-December/028422.html<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2021-December/028422.html&sa=D&usg=AOvVaw1nG5Fl8HBDVPXFLeDz5RmX>
We are willing to see any suggestions, thanks!

Sincerely,
Spencer Ku