[systemd-devel] service killed when usb device reloaded

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:16:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm facing a strange issue. I have gsm modem and when modem is
restarted (removed from usb bus and plugged back) one of services is
restarted (with enabled systemd debug level):

Jan 07 09:07:00 device systemd[1]: Received SIGCHLD from PID 166 (systemtest).
Jan 07 09:07:00 device kernel[174]: option1 ttyUSB4: GSM modem
(1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB4
Jan 07 09:07:00 device systemd[1]: Child 166 (systemtest) died
(code=killed, status=1/HUP)

Mentioned service file looks like (it is socket enabled service):
[Unit]
Description=System test
DefaultDependencies=no
After=system-test.socket
Requires=system-test.socket

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/system-test
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=sysinit.target

Service is started early during the boot phase thus WantedBy=sysinit.target.

Service don't have any dependency on any device node and I also
checked code with debug and cannot see any crash (strecktrace etc.)

Any ideas what I should look for and how to debug this issue?

Thanks and BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible