[systemd-devel] Why systemd-nspawn is slower than docker, podman and qemu?! how to Improve nspawn performance?

Badr Elmers badrelmers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:00:07 UTC 2021

Tomasz Torcz
In fact I m just comparing containers, I have no need yet for context
switch, but I hope to understand why nspawn is slower and if there is
something I can do to improve it, for example disabling spectre/meltdown
mitigations improved nspawn a lot, so I was wondering if there is something
else I can do to make nspawn as quick as podman/docker/qemu.
Mantas Mikulėnas
I tested with  Export SYSTEMD_SECCOMP=0
no improvement, I still get the same result
thank you,
badr