[systemd-devel] Is `kernel-install` called automatically?

Mike Beaton mjsbeaton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:40:20 UTC 2021

I may not have understood correctly, but it seems that after `bootcl
install`, `kernel-install` is _not_ called automatically; neither
initially, nor after any system kernel update.

Is this correct? And if so can anyone help with the reasoning behind this
or status of this issue?

To clarify: I would have expected that this would be called automatically,
since (as I understand it) it is part of letting systemd-boot actually
successfully boot the user's system.