[systemd-devel] Problem : service ( systemd )

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 28 18:29:14 UTC 2021

On Do, 22.07.21 20:54, Webstrucs (webstrucs at gmail.com) wrote:

> What command do I use or how do I clean, delete or delete services that no
> longer exist and are not found from the memory, as I believe that this is
> influencing the activation of services I add, follow the attached terminal
> print:

Typically your package manager does this automatically for you when
you remove the package that contains the unit file.

The usual approach is to issue "systemctl disable --now …" on the unit
files before removing them, to ensure the units are stopped and
disabled. This will implicitly then do a "systemctl daemon-reload" for
you, too. You can also do that part manually, maybe after you actually
removed the unit files from disk.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin