[systemd-devel] luks - a particular device systemd treats differently?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 15:55:06 UTC 2021

Hi guys.

I have a crypttabl here:

luks-devs /dev/mapper/dev1-devs
/etc/.etc.enc.loop/crypttab.key discard,nofail,timeout=3s,noauto
luks-home /dev/mapper/dev1-home
/etc/.etc.enc.loop/crypttab.key discard,nofail,timeout=3s,noauto
plus a few more lines with all options just as those two. I
have a fstab here:

/dev/mapper/luks-home /home   ext4
noauto,nofail,noatime,nobarrier,noatime,x-systemd.device-timeout=3s
1 2
/dev/mapper/luks-devs /devs   ext4
noauto,nofail,noatime,nobarrier,noatime,x-systemd.device-timeout=3s
1 2

when I check devices manually here:
systemctl is-failed
"systemd-cryptsetup at luks\x2ddevs.service" -q && { systemctl
restart "systemd-cryptsetup at luks\x2ddevs.service" &&
fsck.ext4 /dev/mapper/luks-devs && mount /devs; }

then I get asked for passphrase and the rest gets going
(intentional, as those luks devs do not get opened at boot
time) for all the devices except for "devs"
As  I understand systemd here does not see, mark that one
device as "failed" and I have no idea why systemd would do
that for that one device.
Would somebody care to share so ideas?
many thanks, L