[systemd-devel] luks - a particular device systemd treats differently?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 18:17:08 UTC 2021

On 02/06/2021 13:46, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mi, 02.06.21 10:00, lejeczek (peljasz at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
>> Conditional check - systemctl is-failed ... - works for all devices but that
>> one.
> I am sorry, but I don#t really follow.
>
> I understand though that once of the instances of
> systemd-cryptsetup at .service fails for you? Please provide the full
> logs off that unit. "journalctl -u <unit>".
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Berlin
And the crypttab & fstab snippets are clear and explanatory?
If yes then it's only that:
luks devices I open manually, not at boot time, after an
actual real human login with:

systemctl is-failed
"systemd-cryptsetup at luks\x2d_DEVICEservice" -q && {
systemctl restart
"systemd-cryptsetup at luks\x2d_DEVICEs.service" && fsck.ext4
/dev/mapper/luks-DEVICE && mount /DEVICE; }

so I have, let say four devices in total and only one which
for some reason does not reports as "failed"

If I get "systemctl is-failed" correctly - "is-failed"
returns true and then there rest of code above gets going,
"restart" gets me prompt for passphrase and the rest...
a) and that happens for all devices but that one.
b) but I expect all devices.. since
c) crypttab & fstab are identical for all four devices in
terms of options/params.

And if do below for that one device, after reboot and before
manual intervention:

-> $ systemctl is-failed
"systemd-cryptsetup at luks\x2ddevs.service"
inactive

Sorry mate if you still won't get it, I cannot explain
myself any better or different way.
thanks,