[systemd-devel] systemd log_debug

František Šumšal frantisek at sumsal.cz
Thu Jun 10 09:02:27 UTC 2021

On 6/10/21 2:08 AM, Ted Toth wrote:
> What do I need to do to enable log_debug logging in systemd (on
> centos7), edit /etc/systemd/system.conf and set LogLevel=debug? If so,
> how do I get systemd to reread the config file (kill -HUP 1)? Where do
> I view the messages, journalctl -l?

If you want to do this at runtime, you can use:

# systemd-analyze set-log-level debug

The messages will be visible in journal with the rest of the messages, unless
you change the default log target (LogTarget= in /etc/systemd/system.conf or
via systemd-analyze set-log-target <target>).

Frantisek

--
PGP Key ID: 0xFB738CE27B634E4B