[systemd-devel] Ordering of systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service and systemd-modules-load.service

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Jun 23 18:18:12 UTC 2021

Dnia Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 01:03:08PM -0500, Ian Pilcher napisał(a):
> I'd like to ensure that I have a stable path to the sysfs files
> associated with the IT8728F hardware monitoring chip in this system.
> Depending on the order in which various modules are loaded, I've seen
> them show up at different paths:
>
>  * /sys/devices/platform/it87.656/hwmon/hwmon0
>  * /sys/devices/platform/it87.656/hwmon/hwmon1
>
> Is there a better way than udev to achieve this?

  lm_sensors library ought to be used as abstraction layer, hiding
specific hwmon? devices. You can call ‘sensors it8728-isa-0a30'
and have the same output regardless of module loading order.
Try sesnors with -u, -j or language bindings for full flexibility.

--
Tomasz Torcz              “If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
tomek at pipebreaker.pl       an IP-routable hand grenade.”  — Andrew Morton (LKML)