[systemd-devel] Are there any circumstances under which we would *expect* init.scope to not exist?

McKay, Sean sean.mckay at hpe.com
Tue Jun 29 20:29:13 UTC 2021

Hi there,

I have (what I think will be) an easy question:
Are there any circumstances or configuration behaviors under which we would expect the init.scope cgroup to not get created (still on v1, if applicable). I suspect the answer is no, but I wanted to verify.

Context if you care: we've got a source based distribution (yocto project based. 3.0, specifically) running systemd 243 (not supported, I know) and I've just discovered that init.scope is not created on our systems. I assume that this is a bug and something that we've broken, but it seemed easy enough to ask if there are any circumstances where it might be expected before I get out my shovel and start digging.
Thanks!
-Sean McKay