[systemd-devel] Adding USB ID to hwdb/usb.ids

Thomas A thomasa88 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:54:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to add the info for Thrustmaster T150 Racing Wheel to the
hwdb. I have found that the USB values are stored
hwdb.d/20-usb-vendor-model.hwdb. However, it seems that this file is
never edited manually, but just pulled from linux-usb.org usb.ids.

www.linux-usb.org seems mostly broken and various Google results
indicate that there is no response to e-mails. I have, just now, tried
to submit a patch by following the guide for the PCI IDs, from which the
USB IDs site was copied. I could not register in any way, so I suspect
my e-mail will be dropped.

Is there any better way to get my ID into the USB ID list in hwdb?

Patch on systemd hwdb:
https://github.com/thomasa88/systemd/commit/7af622d9d2335f9fc0e94b3b8a5139ef959bef9c

BR
Thomas