[systemd-devel] Removing bold fonts from boot messages

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Tue Oct 12 10:09:53 UTC 2021

Hi,

after upgrading from SLES 15 SP2 (systemd 2.34) to SP3 (systemd 2.46)
the boot messages are not only colored (which I like for seeing failures
in red) but partially printed in bold face. This makes messages indeed
harder to read on serial console (with amt or ipmi), so I wonder if
there is a place where the ascii sequences for colors and font faces
are defined and can be adjusted?

Or is there some option to remove the bold face only, but not the colors?
systemd.log_color=0 removes all formatting, but I'd like to keep the
colors...

cu,
Frank
--