[systemd-devel] [systemd‑devel] Removing bold fonts from boot messages

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Sat Oct 16 21:36:43 UTC 2021

Lennart Poettering wrote:

> And that's really it. It's 2021 and so far this was unproblematic.
> The ANSI sequences we use aren't crazy exotic stuff but pretty much
> baseline and virtually any terminal from the last 25 years probably
> supports them.
There is no problem with the sequences! Maybe I described that in a
wrong way. I was just "complaining" that in systemd 246 the boot messages
look like

The ascii sequences for the bold part have been added between 234 and 246
and I thought there was an option to remove only those sequences.
I understand that I can only turn colors and bold print off or on at
the same time. But it's ok as I've learned how to disable bold fonts
in xterm on-the-fly.

And it's really no big deal, sorry if I made it sound like a serious
problem :-)

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik    Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/