[systemd-devel] trivial net connection logs - ?

Paul Menzel pmenzel+systemd-devel at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Apr 11 08:01:45 UTC 2022

[Sorry for this resent to your personal address.]

Dear L,

Am 11.04.22 um 09:28 schrieb lejeczek:

> I must have gone blind cause can't find it in man page and to my
> surprise internet search does not help or my quering is broken.
> 'systemctl' can show status for specific NM connection - what was that?

Does NM mean NetworkManager?

> - and can 'journalctl' do the same? (or was it the opposite way?)

To my knowledge there is no such integration from NetworkManager and
systemctl. You can only check if NetworkManager is running with

     systemctl status NetworkManager

`networkctl` can show you information about the network configuration,
also when it’s not managed by systemd-networkd.

Lastly, NetworkManager also ships `nmcli` and `nmtui`, you can use on
the command line.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS: Next time, if you write an email to several hundreds/thousands of
people, it’d be great if you could elaborate a little more.