[systemd-devel] device unit files

Elbek Mamajonov emm.boxinuse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:16:28 UTC 2022

How to track down the lifespan of the device unit file, i.e. the activating state? I have an embedded system where systemd-analyze plot shows that the unit file I am interested in, let’s say dev-mmcpartition.device, takes about 2 seconds to be become active. This partition (mmcpartition) holds my rootfs. I would like to know what is going on during those 2 seconds, what device unit file is doing, how to track what it is doing? Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Elbek