[systemd-devel] Trying to Understand "journalctl --verify" and trigger some errors

Yolo yolo at bnana.de
Mon Apr 11 16:07:19 UTC 2022

# I created a FSS Key:
sudo journalctl --setup-keys

# I tryed to poke around in the some files in /var/log/journal

1. I altered the Name of one File
system at f3c16109419942ee9xxxxxxxxxxxxx-0000000000000001-0005d533297a80d3.journal

2. I added some Characters inside one .journal file with sudo

# I was hoping to get some kind of warning, after using --verify:
1. sudo journalctl --verify --verify-key=***************
2. sudo journalctl --verify

# But nothing happend all Files get a "PASS"
PASS: /var/log/journal/...
PASS: /var/log/journal/...

# The Only thing I recognize is, that the file where i changed the name is not listed in the verify output with the changed name.

# In Addition I would be very thankful, If someone can give me some additional Resources to read deeper in the verify function of journalctl.