[systemd-devel] IPv6 RA/DHCPv6 support for nspawn?

ValdikSS iam at valdikss.org.ru
Sun Apr 17 23:16:56 UTC 2022

Greetings, everyone.

I'm running systemd v250.4 (Debian 11 backports) and can't find a way to
automatically configure IPv6 access inside nspawn (machined) container,
either with or without NAT.

Despite DNAT and MASQUERADE functions for IPv6 being supported since
v248 and work fine, and networkd's 80-container-ve.network file includes
     IPMasquerade=both
by default, there's no records of ULA IPv6 address range to be served
for the containers.
If the range is added to the .network file, the IP address from it is
getting assigned to the interface of host network but not announced to
guest using RA, at least I tried multiple configuration settings and
can't get it working.

I ended up configuring IPv6 statically on both host and container, which
is inconvenient. I found no bugs on bugtracker for this issue. Could it
be I'm misconfiguring something, and IPv6 RA/DHCPv6 server support
present in networkd and work for nspawn'ed containers?

P.S. please include me in cc, I'm not subscribed to every email in this
mail list.