[systemd-devel] systemd-tmpfiles: behavior of --clean

SCOTT FIELDS Scott.Fields at kyndryl.com
Tue Aug 30 19:15:13 UTC 2022

I'm currently running systemd 219-78.

I realize there's significant behavior differences in the current release, but per the documentation, I take it the behavior of '-clean' hasn't changed in regards to directly specifications only applying to the directory entry and the top level files. AKA, it still won't do recursive evaluation.

I also assume that the '-clean' behavior also still doesn't provide any 'glob' behavior specifications.

Primary issue for my side is managing tomcat tmp files.

These create a file in its temp location with a directory named of the form 'tomcat.<####>' with other associated files (or directories below this).

As such, we can't use 'systemd-tmpfiles' to purge these, though it's desirable to do so.

Is the current status for "system-tmpfiles" still such that the above can't be achieved with this subsystem?