[systemd-devel] missed _netdev option for nfs

Дмитрий Марков werwolf131313 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 05:41:27 UTC 2022

Hello, please help me understand the logic of fstab-generator.

I noticed that now (judging by the links below) an explicit indication
of the _netdev mount option is not necessary and systemd will add it
itself. I conducted an experiment and based on the behavior of the
system (both with a fully functioning infrastructure and with a broken
connection between the client and the server or the complete absence of
a network), this option is really added and works. But it confuses me
that I do not see it in the output of the mount command. It seems to me
that this behavior is wrong and may be the result of some bug. I
repeated the experiment on several distributions: debian 11, opensuse
15.4, opensuse tumbleweed and centos 8. everywhere the behavior is the
same, based on which I concluded that the problem is not distro-specific
and lies in systemd itself.

P.S.: I apologize in advance if my English proficiency and
crow-translate capabilities made this text hard to read.

--
С уважением
Марков Дмитрий Михайлович