[systemd-devel] missed _netdev option for nfs

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:39:22 UTC 2022

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 7:41 AM Дмитрий Марков <werwolf131313 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, please help me understand the logic of fstab-generator.
>
> this option is really added and works. But it confuses me that I do not
> see it in the output of the mount command. It seems to me that this
> behavior is wrong and may be the result of some bug.

The output of the `mount` command is *not* copied 1:1 from fstab, it is
mostly generated by the kernel – i.e. the filesystem driver itself decides
what "active" options to report back to userspace – so it will never report
"mount-time" options such as _netdev or x-something, as those options
weren't given to the filesystem in the first place (they were consumed by
`mount` and/or by systemd).

(There are some exceptions – a few such options get stored in
/run/mount/utab so that `mount` will report them – but _netdev isn't
stored, as it has no use after the mount has already happened.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas