[systemd-devel] Configuring wakeup-online at runtime with networkctl

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 09:33:49 UTC 2022

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 9:45 AM Francis Moreau <francis.moro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to configure an interface at
> runtime to enable wol without rebooting my machine.
>
> I tried to create a link file that has WakeOnLan=magic and did
> 'networkctl reconfigure ens0' but it doesn't work.

I don't think networkd ever looks at .link files – they are generally
processed only through udev rules, when the interface is created.

Try `udevadm trigger [-c add] /sys/class/net/ens0` though.

If that doesn't help, do it manually via `ethtool -s wol g ens0`.

Also is it possible to display the status of wakeup online with
> 'networkctl status' ?

I'd say open a RFE on GitHub issues, although personally I think
`networkctl status` is already a bit overloaded...

--
Mantas Mikulėnas