[systemd-devel] Antw: [EXT] [systemd‑devel] Why is using fstab the preferred approach according to systemd.mount man page?

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Mon Feb 7 17:36:11 UTC 2022

On 10/01/2022 21:50, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

> Pretty much. There isn't any big benefit to using mount units (since the
> fstab syntax supports all the important use cases), and people are familiar
> with fstab. More tools support it too.

Hello,

well although I'm not currently using it, I can see one :

it may be easier to configure .mount units independently (like dropping
a config file into a .d/ directory) instead of editing one single file
when done with tools like ansible for instance where you have to regexp
match lines to edit or use blockinfile like strategies ?

Thanks

--
Thomas HUMMEL