[systemd-devel] Need a systemd unit example that checks /etc/fstab for modification and sends a text message

Tony Rodriguez unixpro1970 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:27:31 UTC 2022

 From my understanding, it is frowned by systemd developers to
"automatically" reload systemd via "systemctl daemon-reload" when
/etc/fstab is modified.  Guessing this is why such functionality hasn't
already been incorporated into systemd.  However, I would like to send a
simple text message. Instructing users to manually invoke "systemctl
deamon-reload" after modifying /etc/fstab via dmesg command or inside
/var/log/messages.

Unsure how to do so inside a systemd UNIT.  Will someone please provide
an example how to do so?

Thanks