[systemd-devel] Failed to add PIDs to scope's control group: No such process

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 10 12:58:25 UTC 2022

On Do, 03.02.22 18:39, Gena Makhomed (gmm at csdoc.com) wrote:

> Hello, All!
>
> Periodically I see in /var/log/messages error message about
>
> Failed to add PIDs to scope's control group: No such process
> Failed with result 'resources'.
>
> How I can resolve or workaround this error?

It usually just means that the process that makes up a user session
dies more quickly than we have time to actually set up the session for
it. It's not really a problem, mostly just noise.

If this is reproducible on current upstream systemd versions, please
file a bug upstream and we can look into fixing this. But fixing would
mostly entail to just downgrade logging in this case, i.e. just
cosmetically suppressing the noisy logging about this case.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin