[systemd-devel] Converting xinetd files

Wol antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Feb 11 00:57:11 UTC 2022

I've found the pid0 blog, and had no real trouble (I think, I haven't
tested it yet :-) converting an xinetd setup.

But the documentation (man systemd.service) didn't tell me how to
convert a couple of settings, namely xinetd had "user=" and "group=".
Okay, user= was root, so group= probably doesn't matter either, but how
do you get a service to change user and drop privileges? It would be
nice to know for the future, even the near future to try and modify
qm/scarletdme so it doesn't need root and lower any possible attack surface.

Cheers,
Wol