[systemd-devel] Automatically moving forked processes in a different cgroup based on children's UID

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:20:00 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 4:11 PM Michal Koutný <mkoutny at suse.com> wrote:

> More viable way seems to me to modify the apache2-mpm-itk to put
> children into respective cgroups.

I'm assuming that the resource usage primarily comes from something like
webapps running via mod_php, rather than Apache itself, in which case a
better approach would be to move the webapps out of apache entirely. At
work we also looked into mpm-itk for a student "shared hosting" server,
but instead ended up with a setup where each user automatically gets their
own PHP-FPM pool (with each vhost configured to talk to their own PHP-FPM
socket), so resource limits could be set either at PHP-FPM level, or if
needed multiple php-fpm at .service instances could be run with their own
cgroups.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas