[systemd-devel] How to disable job cancelling feature

Prashantkumar dhotre cdprashanth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 06:39:15 UTC 2022

Hi,
It seems that systemd cancels pending stop job if a start job is being
attempted to be enqueued (seen when we enable debug level logs)
so app will not get stopped and started and systemd leave the app as
running instead of stopping and starting
but this seems to be unexpected from user/client-app point of view as the
client is expecting the app to be stopped and started when client issues
stop and start (even though they are quick requests)
Could you please let me know if this understanding is correct ?
Is there a systemd  config that controls this job canceling feature and can
we disable it  by changing that cfg in system.conf ?
Thanks for the help
Regards,
Prashant