[systemd-devel] Have I got circular dependencies?

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Sun Jan 23 20:15:08 UTC 2022

On 23/01/2022 19:44, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> Where dependency to /home comes from? It is not in your unit file.

If it thinks my unit depends on /home, that's wrong. /home comes from
fstab, and the partition is not available until AFTER my service has
run. Home is on an lv, which is on raid, which is on dm-integrity, which
isn't available until my service has turned it on ...

> Otherwise normal services are ordered by default after sysinit.target and
> local file systems are ordered before sysinit.target so you have loop. Add
> DefaultDependencies=no to your service definition.

Thanks. I presume that goes in the [Install] section? I can find plenty
of stuff telling me WHAT DefaultDependencies is, but nothing I can
understand that tells me WHERE it goes.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Wol