[systemd-devel] Where to put unix sockets while SELinux enforces on init_t?

Daniel Farina daniel at fdr.io
Sat Jan 29 22:46:52 UTC 2022

I am using SELinux enforced AlmaLinux, and am wondering where the customary
place to put a ListenStream directive that is opening a unix socket should
be.

Old-school customarily, /tmp suffices, but SELinux blocks that: "init_t" is
not allowed to create the socket there.

Looking through definitions, /var/run/systemd is a place that systemd can
create unix socket files, and indeed my prototype using this works, but I'm
not sure if this is where they "belong."

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks,
Daniel