[systemd-devel] Regarding service rate limiting (systemd 237)

Ani A aniruddha.a at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:06:55 UTC 2022

Hi Michal,

>Does your service crash later than the demo service terminates?
Demo services work fine, the actual service is quite heavy and takes
time to startup.

> you may not reach the sufficient fail rate for start limit to kick
I didn't get this part. Say the daemon takes 60s to startup and crash
and I set the
StartLimitIntervalSec=320
This should be sufficient time for 5 restarts (?)

> I may suggest you to use systemd-coredump and e.g. MaxUse=
Thanks, I didn't know about systemd-coredump, do I have to install
this separately?
I do not see coredump.conf or systemd-coredump service running on my host!
(Ubuntu 18.04)

Also, I would be more interested to get the rate-limiting to work
rather than daemon
respawning indefinitely.

Thanks
--