[systemd-devel] Issues with /usr GPT auto-mount

Michael Cassaniti michael at cassaniti.id.au
Thu Jul 14 12:08:39 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've read the below two articles and potentially made wrong assumptions
about how automatic discovery of GPT partitions works for EFI boot
rather than from systemd-nspawn.

https://0pointer.net/blog/the-wondrous-world-of-discoverable-gpt-disk-images.html
(particularly the Versioning + Multi-Arch section)
https://0pointer.net/blog/fitting-everything-together.html

After reading this on top of the gpt-auto-generator.c code (read doesn't
mean perfectly understood) I believe that only the root file system gets
mounted under an EFI boot. I was hoping that both root and /usr get
mounted as appropriate. I can confirm when using 'systemd-dissect
/dev/sda' that there is a designated /usr partition with a label that
isn't '_empty' and for the correct architecture.

Either I've done something wrong and need help or
systemd-gpt-auto-generator is working correctly and I'm wrong. All
feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael Cassaniti