[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: Q: Start network in chroot?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jun 14 09:11:17 UTC 2022

Nachricht <b8a41549-839a-84fe-7f3e-47e4f534fe91 at youngman.org.uk>:
> On 14/06/2022 06:57, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>>> So you're not running an init system but you want the (not-running) init
>>> system to run something for you?
>
>> I don't understand:
>> The rescue system I'm using (SLES 14 SP3) uses systemd, and the system that
> woon't boo is also using systemd (SLES15 SP3).
>>
> If it's SLES, what does "boot system on disk" do? HOPEFULLY it will

You caught me ;-)
Actually I did not try that, because in most cases you need a real rescue system
(Somehow it's like shopping: You buy the same things even when you don't need those urgently)

> transition into the on-disk system using the boot media kernel.

True!

> But I find it weird that you are using an OLD rescue disk on a NEW
> system. Surely thats *asking* for problems? With raid, if you don't use

OLD and NEW: Naturally after an online update the installed system will always be newer than the rescue image; or are you talking about something completely different?

> a "latest and greatest" as your rescue system, as far as we're
> concerned, you're inviting trouble ...

I'm getting confused: What are you talking about?

Regards,
Ulrich