[systemd-devel] PrivateNetwork=yes is memory costly

Christopher Wong Christopher.Wong at axis.com
Thu Mar 10 11:50:23 UTC 2022

Hi Lennart,

It is definitely a functionality we want to use. However, the memory came as an unexpected side effect. Since we are not only enabling this for one single service, instead we are applying it globally for all services.

Now due to this huge memory consumption we are trying to put everything into the same namespace using JoinsNamespaceOf=<some-service>. It seems to consume less memory.

Best Regards,

Christopher Wong