[systemd-devel] unable to attach pid to service delegated directory in unified mode after restart

Felip Moll felip at schedmd.com
Tue Mar 15 09:50:27 UTC 2022

Another thing I have found is that if the process which created the scope
(e.g. my main process, slurmd) terminates, then the scope is stopped even
if I abandoned it and there's a pid inside.
So this makes the proposed solution not working. What am I missing?

● gamba11_slurmstepd.scope
     Loaded: loaded (/run/systemd/transient/gamba11_slurmstepd.scope;
transient)
     Transient: yes
     Active: active (abandoned) since Tue 2022-03-15 10:40:34 CET; 4s ago
     Tasks: 1 (limit: 38333)
     Memory: 0B
     CPU: 0
     CGroup: /system.slice/gamba11_slurmstepd.scope
             └─system
                 └─18000 /home/lipi/slurm/master/inst/sbin/slurmstepd
infinity

mar 15 10:40:53 llit systemd[1]: gamba11_slurmstepd.scope: Succeeded.