[systemd-devel] version bump of minimal kernel version supported by systemd?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Mar 24 08:38:57 UTC 2022

On Mi, 23.03.22 11:28, Luca Boccassi (bluca at debian.org) wrote:

> At least according to our documentation it wouldn't save us much
> anyway, as the biggest leap is taking cgroupv2 for granted, which
> requires 4.1, so it's included regardless. Unless there's something
> undocumented that would make a big difference, in practical terms of
> maintainability?

Note that "cgroupv2 exists" and "cgroupv2 works well" are two distinct
things. Initially too few controllers supported cgroupv2 for cgroupv2
to be actually useful.

What I am trying to say is that it would actually help us a lot if
we'd not just be able to take croupv2 for granted but to take a
reasonably complete cgroupv2 for granted.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin