[systemd-devel] unable to attach pid to service delegated directory in unified mode after restart

Felip Moll felip at schedmd.com
Thu Mar 24 11:40:58 UTC 2022

I respond to myself to the first part of my question.

If you want to synchronize in the cgroup creation to complete just
>> wait for the JobRemoved bus signal for the job returned by
>> StartTransientUnit().
>>

> StartTransientUnit returns a string to a job object path. To call
> JobRemoved I need the job id, so the easier way to get it is to strip the
> last part of the returned string from StartTransientUnit job object path.
> Am I right?

False, the JobRemoved signal returns the id, job, unit and result. To wait
for JobRemoved only needs a matching rule for this signal. The matching
rule can just contain the path. In fact, nothing else than strings can be
matched in a rule, so I may be only able to use the path.