[systemd-devel] Relationship between cgroup hierarchy and slice names

Yeongjin Kwon yeongjinkwon at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:44:42 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 4:03 AM Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> The slice names match 1:1 to the position in the cgroup tree, that's
> where they were designed.
>
> Basically our rule is: if the object unit types encapsulates
> already have a file system path as name then we don't allow you to
> make up a new name, but insist that the unit name is derived from that
> pre-existing file system path.

I see, thank you for responding.

Then would it be possible to somehow override the "Slice" property for
all units underneath the slice so that it points to another, custom
created slice? Maybe using some conditional overriding mechanism?

Yeongjin Kwon