[systemd-devel] resolved vs. DNS servers listening on Linux dummy interfaces

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon May 9 09:45:31 UTC 2022

Hi Peter,

is there a reason why do you want resolved to serve whole LAN? It has
its problems and I think its authors meant it as localhost cache. I
don't think resolved considers it common to have more than one DNS
server on the localhost.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't use dnsmasq, unbound or knot-resolver
instead, which are more common on routers? Do you need any
systemd-resolved specific features? Like mDNS or LLMNR resolution?

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB