[systemd-devel] resolved vs. DNS servers listening on Linux dummy interfaces

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 9 13:32:33 UTC 2022

On So, 08.05.22 15:00, Peter Mattern (pmattern at arcor.de) wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Apparently resolved is ignoring DNS servers which are listening on Linux
> dummy interfaces.

It should not do that. Are you sure you configured the interfaces
properly, and they are up?

Provide "networkctl status" output, if in doubt.

> So can anybody tell me what's the matter here, in particular whether this
> may be a problem of resolved or whether there's a way to get this working
> somehow?

If this doesn't work, and the iface is up and otherwise properly
configured, then it would be a bug. But I have the suspicion the
interface might simply not be up or have no IP address correctly
configured or so?

Lennart Poettering, Berlin