[systemd-devel] [SPAM] Re: Custom options and passing options via command line.

Kamil Jońca kjonca at op.pl
Mon May 9 18:00:48 UTC 2022

Kamil Jońca <kjonca at fastmail.com> writes:

> Let's see.
> from SYSTEMD.NETWORK(5)
> IPMasquerade=
>            Configures IP masquerading for the network interface. If
>            enabled, packets forwarded from the network interface will be
>            appear as coming from the local host.
>

> I still do not know what mean "local host" here. I guess that this will
> be interface address.  :)
>
> I still do not know if this is rather "snat" or rather "masquerade". How
> can I decide which to use. And what engine is used here.

Another question:
1. "partial nat"
   3 interfaces  qemu1 , qemu2, and eth
   I want to nat treffic from qemu1 via eth but not qemu2
   (NB this is the place, where I use mu custom option in
   /etc/network/interfaces which means "NAT this traffic" )

2. nat based on destination network.

I want to nat only traffic to say, 192.168.10.0/24, leaving rest
untouched. (This is case when I have ipsec tunnel and I want to nat only
traffic to other endpoint)

How to do it?

KJ

--