[systemd-devel] systemd tries to terminate a process that seems to have exited

Michal Koutný mkoutny at suse.com
Tue May 10 09:57:46 UTC 2022

Hello.

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 08:44:27AM +0300, Yuri Kanivetsky <yuri.kanivetsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> The things that come to mind are: a) the process is waiting to release
> some resources after exit() or return from main(), b) something PAM-
> or dbus-related, c) some threads that don't let it exit.

a) and c) don't look consistent with the two SIGCHLDs logged in your
trace (310 and 314).

The hint about non-empty cgroup + gap in PID sequence [1] suggest that
the parent and child are not the only two processes of the service.
I suggest checking the cgroup.procs of gnome-keyring.service (you can
find cgroup path e.g. in `systemctl --user status
gnome-keyring.service).

HTH,
Michal

[1] Can be parent's threads or concurrently spawned processes elsewhere in
the system.