[systemd-devel] RFC: Passing on initial client user in systemd-userdbd

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Tue Nov 29 01:11:00 UTC 2022

Hi Lennart,

in theory, I have implemented that now, but I somehow cannot make
userdbd send credentials on, because it does not seem to call
varlink_write at all. I am a bit lost with that, because as I
understand the code, all parts of userdbd and homed should be using
varlink_write when calling methods on remote services and when
replying. Yet, attaching gdb to userdbd and setting a breakpoint in
varlink_write does not break…

Can you give me a hint on what part of the picture I might be missing?

Cheers,
Nik