[systemd-devel] machinectl shell .bashrc

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Thu Aug 17 00:02:28 UTC 2023

Hi,

somehow, when using machinectl shell to access my nspawn containers, my
.bashrc is ignored, although bash is correctly used as my shell.
However, when specifying /bin/bash explicitly, the .bashrc gets sourced
correctly. Any ideas?

*lukas at home*:*~*$ sudo machinectl shell x11
Connected to machine x11. Press ^] three times within 1s to exit session.
[root at x11 ~]# echo $HISTFILESIZE; echo $0;
500
/bin/bash
[root at x11 ~]#
logout
Connection to machine x11 terminated.
*lukas at home*:*~*$ sudo machinectl shell x11 /bin/bash
Connected to machine x11. Press ^] three times within 1s to exit session.
*root at x11*:*~*# echo $HISTFILESIZE; echo $0;

/bin/bash
*root at x11*:*~*#
exit
Connection to machine x11 terminated.