[systemd-devel] Extend systemd-resolved service to override DNS response

Aditya Sharma aditya.sharma1128 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:04:25 UTC 2023

Hi Kevin,

*If what you mean is that you want to serve 'stale' records from a cache
when their TTLs have expired and the authoritative servers which provided
them are not reachable, that's something that a number of existing
recursive resolvers are able to do and it could be logical for
systemd-resolved to offer it too.*
We are looking to prepare a solution similar to this, to serve back records
for *FQDN*s in case of *timeout *from the DNS server.
We want to understand how we can extend systemd-resolved to override
response from DNS server in case of timeouts/failures.

Thanks
Aditya