[systemd-devel] How to make vtable entry as SD_BUS_VTABLE_UNPRIVILEGED

Lal, Arun arun.lal at intel.com
Fri Mar 31 05:32:08 UTC 2023

Hi All,

In file systemd\src\libsystemd\sd-bus\bus-objects.c function check_access has the following check:

/* If the member is marked UNPRIVILEGED let's grant access */
        if (c->vtable->flags & SD_BUS_VTABLE_UNPRIVILEGED)
                return 0;

Can someone tell me how to set the flag as SD_BUS_VTABLE_UNPRIVILEGED?

This is because I want a non-root user to make dbus method call. As of now this get's blocked in check_access function.
I would like to allow this by satisfying the condition c->vtable->flags & SD_BUS_VTABLE_UNPRIVILEGED

Regards,
Arun Lal K M