[systemd-devel] timedatectl causing system reset

ashok athukuri athukuriashok at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:17:07 UTC 2024

Hello,

In my Linux box, Initially both services "systemd-timedated.service"  and
"systemd-timesyncd.service" are inactive
When I executed command:
*#timedatectl set-ntp true*
*Failed to set ntp: Connection timed out*

But I see both service are started sequentially in the above order, wonder
why its causing timeout.
Wonder why sometimes it is causing a system reset ?

I also can't see logs using #journalctl -fu systemd-timedated.service

Do I need to start "systemd-timedated.service" instead of inactive service ?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Ashok